Friday, January 28, 2011

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #42 - Chinese New Year

Hello everyone,

This week I am the guest designer at My Sheri Crafts. I was so excited to do this project. I was able to use some paper and Cricut Pagoda cart that I had not used before. I also tried a card I've never made before: my first Tri-fold Shutter card. There are a few Utube videos giving full instructions on how to make these stunning cards. They may look intimidating but they are very easy to make. After you make your first you will be whipping them up in no time!

Closed view

Fully Opened View

Details


Top View

What was used:
Cricut Pagoda (Dragon cut at 2.5 inches, Fan cut at 2 inches)
Cricut Stand and Salute (Fireworks cut at 1.5, 2 and 2.15 inches)
DCWV Far East Mat Stack
The ribbon I had in my stash
One red bling for the eye

I know that red envelopes with money is given for Chinese new year so a really wanted to make that a part of this card. I made the pocket by hand and the piece of red paper on the front of the pocket was first embossed with a Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic Texture folder, then embossed with glitter embossing powder.

Thanks so much to Sheri for having me be apart of the design team this week. I truly appreciate the opportunity. I hope you will visit My Sheri Crafts and take part in her challenges.
Happy Scrapping 
Judy

13 comments:

  1. Awesome, Awesome job on this card. Love everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Judds......you are goooooood. Ok now its time for me to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy as always an outstanding job! Love the dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card love the details tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cutest Your colors are great They picked the right person when they chose you for the design team. Love this card AS of this post I am your newest follower TFS
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing card!! You have a pocket for the Lucky Money! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW!!!!!!!! This is FABULOUS!! I just can't stop looking at your card. The fireworks above the dragon just sets it off and then when the card is open, oh my, it just is full of great detail. I love the papers you used, and the ribbon is the perfect touch!!! And then the re is the darling fan and when I saw the lucky money pocket, it blew me away. Your card os beyond fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is a link about the Chinese custom. This year the lunar new year is celebrated on Thursday, Feb 3rd.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_envelope

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooo loving this card! So many complicated components, but it all comes together very nicely, not overwhelming or gaudy. A+ work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is gorgeous!!!! I absolutely love it! I am one of your newest followers cuz you do such a great job!!

    Hugz,
    Ash
    http://cricut-crazed-lady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is STUNNING and the colors are perfect for the holiday Judy!
    Sue Clarke

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...